Hiring a company that says it does tree work has never been a problem for homeowners. Simply do a quick online search, make a few calls, and you have a company who says they can do the job at a low price.
Beware! Not all tree care companies are the same. Always ask for proof of insurance and if they are a licensed contractor. Beware of the fly-by-night “individuals” who call themselves arborists. “With hundreds of dollars at stake, not to mention the integrity and appearance of your property and your personal safety, make sure you take your time in deciding which company you should hire.
Disreputable companies tend to:
- Solicit work door-to-door.
- Demand payment in advance.
- Advertise topping and low prices in their ads
- Sell jobs without producing a written estimate or work order.
Check for the following before you hire a company:
- Ask for copies of current, valid certificates of insurance
- Local references allow you to measure the company’s abilities and professionalism.
- Get a detailed written estimate for the work needed and the cost.
- Don’t be lured by a bargain and don’t pay in advance.
- Verify professional affiliations the company might have, such as membership in the Tree Care Industry Association.
- Get a second opinion if it will add to your comfort level.
Acorn Arboricultural Services, Inc., is a local tree services standing by to help you with your tree service needs. We have professionals on staff who are ready to inspect your property and will give you a free quote. If you have serious tree concern, consult our professional arborist who will identify the causes of tree health problems and make recommendations for treatment.
Contact Acorn Arboricultural Tree Service, Inc. with any additional questions or for a consultation using our online form or call us at 916-787-8733!